Shipping & Returns
SHIPPING A FIREARM - FFL'S AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
TDS will ONLY transfer ownership of a firearm to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). This means we cannot ship directly to you unless you are an FFL holder.
(Click HERE to learn how to have a gun shipped near you.)
If you do not hold a valid FFL, TDS will transfer your purchased firearm to your choice of a licensed gun dealer in your state.
It is your responsibility:
- to ensure that a firearm is legal to own in your state. Click HERE to view State Restrictions
- to identify and contact the FFL in your area and instruct them to fax (603) 842-5528 or e-mail their FFL to email@example.com
- to complete all required paperwork when you pick up your purchase from your local dealer
It is customary for your local dealer to charge a Transfer Fee at the time you pick up your purchase. This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local dealer. Please check with your local dealer concerning their policies. You do not pay TDS the transfer fee. Certain dealers also apply sales tax. This is between you and your FFL dealer. To assist our customers, we offer a $25.00 Transfer Fee Credit on all firearm purchases. Use the Promo Code: TRANSFER at checkout. Only TDS offers this promotional discount to our valued customers:
The buyer is responsible for contacting their transferring FFL to request they send a copy of their FFL to us. Our contact information is as follows:
Fax FFL: 1-603-842-5528
Firearms ship FREE at TDS. This excludes long guns shipping to AK, HI, and PR. Our minimum $15 shipping charge will cover most accessories orders. Whenever possible, we will combine shipping for multiple small accessories on the same order. However, because certain accessories can be drop shipped from various warehouses, the shipping rates may increase. Any accessory shipped from another warehouse will incur an additional $6.00 increase in the base shipping cost. Shipping insurance is offered at a rate of $1.50 per $100 of the ordered item(s) value and is optional. TDS is not responsible for uninsured items lost or damaged in transit. If you would like to review the total shipping charges for your order, click "checkout" to preview the order. You can preview the order including the ship to address, and the shipping charge before you click to confirm your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard shipping. If you require expedited shipping, the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote if you require expedited shipping. Expedited shipping only applies to transit times, not the processing time. We do NOT ship to PO Boxes.
Firearm orders process and ship within 3-7 business days upon receipt of full payment and a valid FFL. Accessory orders will generally ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Returns are ONLY accepted for merchandise found defective immediately upon receipt and returned within 10 calendar days of receipt.
- Accessory items that have been opened from the manufacturer packaging will not be accepted for return.
- Returns will NOT be accepted for any accessories that have been installed/mounted. Most accessory items have a manufacturer warranty. Please contact the manufacturer if there are any issues with / post installation.
- Original shipping charges are NOT refunded if the item is NOT found to be defective. Customers will be responsible for return shipping in these cases. These orders may be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- All Ammunition Sales / Ammo Components are Final and Non-Returnable.
- Scopes / Optics Sales - Customers must work through the manufacturer if a defect is not identified immediately upon receipt.
NEW FIREARM RETURNS
VERY IMPORTANT - FIREARM RETURNS!! Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transferred to you, it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we cannot accept returns on firearms once they have been transferred into your possession. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. Upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with manufacturer's warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees associated with returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. TDS will provide a prepaid label to ship the firearm to the manufacturer, if a prepaid label is not covered under their warranty.
ALL RETURNS MUST SHIP TO:
Tactical Defense Solutions, LLC
38 Crosby Road, STE #4
Dover, NH 03820
PICKING UP ITEMS FROM OUR WAREHOUSE STORE
If you intend to pick up an order from our warehouse store, please allow 4 business days before attempting pickup. When your order is ready for pickup, you will receive an email informing you that your order has arrived and is available, typically in 4-7 business days.
No Sales Tax if you pick a gun up from our New Hampshire warehouse store.
If you are not a legal resident of New Hampshire, you cannot pick up a handgun from our store; you must have the gun transferred to a dealer in your state. You may pick up a rifle or shotgun from our store if it is legal to own it in your state of residence.