The FN Ballista represents Fabrique Nationale's entry into the rapidly-expanding category of chassis-mounted, modular, high-precision rifles with switch-barrel capabilities. It competes with the likes of the Remington Defense Modular Sniper Rifle ("MSR"). In 2013, the MSR was named as the choice to become the new Precision Sniper Rifle of the U.S. Army and USSOCOM, demonstrating the significance that these organizations seemingly place on the modular system.
An aspect of modular rifles that makes them particularly user-friendly is that changing calibers can be performed very quickly in the field. The Ballista is able to undergo a caliber change (.338 Lapua Mag., .300 Win. Mag., .308 Win.) in less than two minutes. Additionally, the chassis, action, and adjustable trigger (single- or two-stage) of the Ballista have been designed to wring the best performance possible from the premium barrels, all of which measure 26 inches and feature polygonal rifling with a right-hand, constant twist rate.
In addition to the Ballista™, Eurooptic carries support equipment and accessories (Caliber Conversion Kits (.300 Win. Mag and .308 Win.), Magazines, Rails, QD Mounts, Buttstock Grip Extension, QD Monopod, and QD Forearm). We also carry premium .338 Lapua Mag., .300 Win. Mag., and .308 Win. ammunition, as well as optics, optic mounts, slings, bipods, cases, and drag bags to complete the package.
- Magazine Capacity: 5 or 8 Rd. (.338 Lapua Mag.), 6 or 10 Rd. (.300 Win. Mag.), 8 or 15 Rd. (.308 Win.)
- Caliber: .338 Lapua Mag (converts to .300 Win. Mag and .308 Win.)
- Overall Length: 39" - 50.75"
- Operation: Bolt-action
- Barrel Length: 26"
- Weight: 15.1 lb.
- Height: 7.8"
- Change calibers in less than 2 minutes
- Receiver is vibration-isolated from the aluminum chassis via elastomeric cushions
- Accepts magazine for multiple calibers without further modification
- High-strength aluminum alloy with top-mounted MIL-STD 1913 rail
- Retains zero with same caliber
- Hammer-forged precision stainless steel
- Retains centerline alignment with receiver
- Headspace is preset within the barrel extension
- Accessory conversion kits available in: .300 Win. Mag. and .308 Win.
- .338 Lapua Mag., .300 Winchester Mag., and .308 Winchester barrels utilize right hand, polygonal, constant twist rate
- Single-lever side-folding stock to minimize overall length
- Ambidextrous, folding and fully adjustable for length of pull, buttplate height, cheekpiece height, and cast-on/cast-off
- Multiple safety systems include manual thumb safety, grip safety, and drop safety system
- Trigger system is fully adjustable for single- or two-stage release between 3 and 5 lbs.
- Ambidextrous magazine release forward of trigger guard
- Stainless steel spring
- Advanced polymer construction
- Designed to protect projectile during recoil
||.338 Lapua Magnum
|Rifle Overall Length:
||39.0" - 50.75"
||Fully-adjustable for single- or two-stage release between 3 and 5 lbs.
||Multiple safety systems (manual thumb safety, grip safety, and drop safety system)
|Rifle Barrel Length:
||26.0" (all calibers)
|Rifle Barrel Twist:
|Barrel Thread Pitch
M22x1.5 (Jam nut at rear of muzzle device)
||Ambidextrous, folding and fully adjustable for length of pull, buttplate height, cheekpiece height, and cast-on/cast-off Single-lever side-folding stock to minimize overall length
||Top-mounted MIL-STD 1913 rail. 20 moa
||(1) 8-Round and (1) 5-Round Magazine
|Caliber or Gauge:
||.338 Lapua Mag